Who we are
Nebo Global Pty Ltd (ACN 612 324 679) (“Nebo Global” or “we”) owns and operates the Nebo software application which provides a voyage tracking and social platform for the boating community (the “Nebo App”). Nebo Global is based in Perth, Western Australia.
The services offered by Nebo Global include the Nebo App, any Nebo branded URL or website, any Nebo mobile services and any other features, content or applications offered from time to time by Nebo Global using the Nebo App or in connection with the Nebo App (collectively, the “Nebo Services”).
Nebo Global respects and is committed to protecting your privacy.
- the kind of information we collect about you, how we collect it, and how we use it;
- how we may disclose that information;
- how you can access the information we hold about you;
- when we may use your information to contact you;
- the protection of your personal information; and
This policy also informs you of your rights to privacy and describes how we comply with our privacy requirements as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth).
- Privacy and Your Personal Information
Personal Information is information about you, which includes information you have provided to Nebo Global when creating an account with Nebo Global or when you use the Nebo Services, which includes but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your email address;
- your vessel name;
- your vessel type;
- your vessel’s home port;
- you and your vessel’s location as indicated by your mobile device, including real time logging of GPS coordinates, routes, times, dates and duration at locations at which such devices are located;
- voyages you and your vessel have taken, as indicated by your mobile device;
- other unique identifiers for vessel;
- Content created by you or by the Nebo Services.
- your vessel type;
- opinions about the Nebo Services and our products and staff; and
- any information sent to us through correspondence.
- How Nebo Global Collects Your Personal Information
Nebo Global will collect Personal Information from you in a number of ways, including when you:
- create an account;
- use the Nebo Services;
- Post Content using the Nebo Services;
- contact Nebo and provide personally identifying information;
- provide feedback to us; or
- otherwise deal with us.
- Why Nebo Global Collects Your Personal Information
Nebo Global’s main purpose for collecting your Personal Information is to facilitate your use of the Nebo Services. However, Nebo Global may also use the information collected for the following:
- to communicate with you;
- to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services;
- for verification purposes;
- to develop new services;
- to generate revenue;
- to deliver products or services to you;
- for analysis of usage of our services;
- for marketing and promotion purposes;
- to perform other administrative functions;
- to comply with legal requirements; and
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
By providing your Personal Information, you agree to the use of your Personal Information in this manner.
If you do not want to receive marketing and promotional material from Nebo Global, you may opt out of receiving this type of communication at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in those electronic communications.
- Use and disclosure of Your Personal Information
In general, information collected by Nebo Global is provided in anonymous form to third parties, however subject to your rights under the Privacy Act, you agree that Nebo Global may use and commercially exploit information and data provided to Nebo Global by you or gathered by Nebo Global using the Nebo Services in connection with your use of the Nebo Services for Nebo Global’s technical development, product development, marketing, funding, support and revenue generation purposes.
Nebo Global may also provide that information and data to its partners and other third parties as determined by Nebo Global in its discretion (including in return for payment), subject to compliance by it with the Privacy Act. Data and information may be summarised, aggregated, anonymised and reported in any way as determined by Nebo Global, subject to compliance by it with the Privacy Act.
Nebo Global will disclose your Personal Information:
- if required by law;
- if Nebo Global believes, in its absolute discretion, it is in the public interest;
- to seek feedback, or monitor or improve quality of service;
- to entities who assist Nebo Global in providing, administering, supporting, improving, promoting and marketing the Nebo Services;
- to suppliers contractors, debt collectors, providers, data storage and management companies (including providers of cloud services), website hosting service providers, and interactive advertisers;
- to companies that promote and market, or conduct research to help Nebo Global improve and target the Nebo Services;
- to related corporate bodies; or
- where Nebo Global otherwise obtains your permission to disclose the information.
We will take reasonable and practicable steps to ensure third parties we deal with take steps to protect your privacy. All of our employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of any Personal Information held by us.
We may also need to disclose your Personal Information to our advisors, including our accountants and lawyers.
If you use a Nebo Service overseas then your Personal Information may be made available to Nebo Global’s overseas partners and suppliers.
Nebo Global uses hosting companies that may have servers that are physically located overseas, including in the United States of America. Nebo Global also uses service providers and contractors located overseas, and your Personal Information may be disclosed to them. Nebo Global will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient complies with the Privacy Act. You should also be aware that where data is hosted overseas, access to and use of that Personal Information will be governed by laws that apply in those overseas locations.
Nebo Global may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly, for example, to show trends about the general use of Nebo Services.
- Direct Marketing
We may use your Personal Information to send marketing materials to you if the marketing material is related to the purpose for which we collected that information.
We will ask for your consent before we use your Personal Information for marketing purposes if we have not collected that Personal Information directly from you.
If you receive marketing offers from us and do not wish to receive them in the future, please use the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in those electronic communications.
- Security of Your Personal Information
Nebo Global stores Personal Information digitally on our computer systems and computer servers. These systems and servers are used by us and are located in our office and in external data centres.We also hold some Personal Information in hard copy. Hard copies are stored in our office.
Only authorised personnel have access to our server and computer systems and our hard copy files. All of our server and computer systems are protected by password.
You agree that no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed as wholly secure and that any information you provide to Nebo Global through the Internet, including via email, is at your own risk. You agree that, even though Nebo Global uses reasonable endeavours to secure your Personal Information, Nebo Global cannot guarantee that any information sent or accessed electronically is secure.
You may also assist Nebo Global in keeping your Personal Information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and notifying Nebo Global immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account, or any other breach of security relating to your account.
- Destroying personal information
Nebo Global will destroy, or take reasonably commercial steps to de-identify, Personal Information when this is no longer required by us.
The Nebo Services may contain links to Third Party Websites. Nebo Global is not responsible for the information on these sites, or their privacy policies. Nebo Global may keep track of your interaction with Third Party Websites provided on the Nebo Services in order to improve the Nebo Services and to aggregate statistics.
- Accessing and Amending Personal Information
Subject to the exceptions listed in the Privacy Act, you have the right to access your Personal Information which is in the custody or control of Nebo Global. You also have the right to request correction of any of your Personal Information that we hold. We will take reasonable steps to make appropriate corrections to your Personal Information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.You are able to change or update your account information at any time through the Nebo Services.
If you wish to access Personal Information that you have provided to Nebo Global but that is not available through your access to the Nebo Services, please contact Nebo Global and Nebo Global will use commercially reasonable endeavours to provide the information within 10 business days of receiving your request. Please note that Nebo Global may charge a fee to cover the cost of meeting your request.
If Nebo Global refuses your request, Nebo Global will provide you with its reasons for refusal within 20 business days of your request.
From time to time your Personal Information may change. It is important that you inform Nebo Global of changes to your details as and when they occur.
If you believe that the privacy of your Personal Information is not effectively protected, or if you are concerned that your privacy has been compromised through the dissemination of your Personal Information, please contact Nebo Global at:
By email: email@example.com
Attention: Privacy Officer
We take all enquiries seriously and will attend to your question or complaint promptly. If you are not happy with the way we deal with your privacy complaint you can make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commission (OAIC). More information about making a complaint to OAIC is available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints
Policy last updated May 2017