General Enquiries (5)
What information will I see on Nebo when underway? Once you have started a voyage, the main screen of Nebo app will give you a load of information including, your Track, your Speed, Weather observations and more.
You can also:
- Toggle between map view and list view as show below.
- Take a photo to include in your log
- Send a message to fellow Nebo users and more.
Here is how to easily see details of other boats on Nebo, simply go to:
- Standby >
- Click on any boat icon you can see more details.
- From here you can see the boat name, skippers name and if the boat is underway, on a mooring etc.
- Also displayed are basic boat details and the last time their position was updated on Nebo.
- You can also send the boat a private message.
Use the magnify glass icon at the top right of the Standby screen to search for boats or skippers.
Like any GPS tracking app, Nebo can drain your battery. If your boat has charging facilities, it’s best to keep your device on charge whenever possible. There are a couple of things you can do to save battery power while using Nebo.
Switch on ‘Battery Save Mode’ by following these steps:
- Other > Settings >
- Battery saving mode > Toggle on Battery saving mode to ON
Turn your screen off:
We also recommend that you switch your screen off when you’re not interacting with Nebo. We’ve found the screen can be a power guzzler, so whenever possible, keep it turned off.
Nebo makes it easy to share your location with fellow boaters or anyone left behind on land. It’s a great way for them to know all is well onboard and your voyage is going ok. Using Nebo’s ‘Track Me’ function will allow friends or family to track your voyage, (they don’t even have to install Nebo).
To share your location, simply go to:
- Other > Friends > Track Me > Share My Location
- Click “Share my location” to share a link via via SMS, email, WhatsApp, Messenger etc.
- Choose who you would like to share your location with and hit send.
When they click on the link, they’ll see a map showing your location, speed, and even the current weather. They don’t even need to install Nebo!
Use Nebo’s Track Me to complement your normal safety routine. It’s gives those onshore peace of mind and it’s always nice to know someone has your back!
NOTE: Your location won’t be updated if you don’t have a cellular data connection.
Many people ask if they can use Nebo without mobile phone coverage.
YES, you can still use Nebo to log your voyage whilst you are outside mobile phone range.
Nebo will still be tracking your voyage outside of mobile range and will fill in your route as soon as you re-enter mobile coverage again.
However, some features will not be active during periods when you have no mobile phone network.
These include functions that require phone coverage eg:
- The ‘Track Me’ function
- Messaging function